Sunday, August 23, 2009

Getting back on track

I would say this past week is a step back in the right direction. I ordered a car magnet that said "We buy Houses" and it had my phone number on it. I have been driving with it for about 3-4 days now. No hits from it yet but Im sure I will get a lead from it eventually. I also managed to get my butt back out there and drive around and I will be sending out a couple of letters this week.

A few weeks ago I mentioned something about sending mailers to Trustee sales I found in the news paper. I decided against it because of my limited funding. Marketing isn't as easy as I thought it was going to be but one thing is for sure, I am starting to shape the exact first deal that I am looking to close on. If the deal doesn't fit my particular criteria then it isn't a deal for me, HOWEVER I will be passing off leads to some other investors. I have someone in mind for short sale deals but I haven't called him yet because I don't have any leads. So aside from my few leads that I find for mailers every weekend, unless it is a marketing technique that keeps on giving I am not going to invest in it. I know I am moving slow but I can't burn my budget and be left with nothing.

For this upcoming week I have two goals. Get my letters out and finish my business plan. I should have had my business plan laid out first but better late than never.

No comments:

Post a Comment