Sunday, August 16, 2009

Motivation

I have been hard on myself because I have not accomplished as much as I did in previous weeks. I feel as if I had underestimated the amount of planning that would have to go into my marketing especially with the limited budget that I have access to. The lack of accomplishment in the last couple of weeks has me struggling with motivation and a clear idea of what to do next. What I am starting to notice about myself is the trend of motivation and devotion. This goes back beyond the days when I started working real estate. I would get this great idea in my head, I would do a little research a little more thought and then forget about it. It might pop up some time later but it would disappear as quickly as it came. Then another idea would pop up and the cycle would start all over again. The first problem was not sticking to the same idea, I had no follow through. The second problem is my motivation level. I begin to work so hard that I forget to take a break to relax and enjoy the sunshine or spend some time with my family. As some would say I wouldn't "sharpen my saw". I watched this video in a time management class I took and in the video a man asked a question(I can't remember the guys name) Have you ever been so busy driving that you forgot to stop for gas? That is how important taking a mental breather is. If it isn't done then nothing works anymore.

In noticing this trend I can actually see where I am at in the cycle right now. My motivation level went down because I lost my focus. Since I can see where I am at I can get myself back on track but it isn't enough to be able to fix it this one time I need to be able to avoid it in the future if possible. I am going to keep up on my motivation levels by reading books on state of mind and spending some good quality time relaxing with the family remembering to keep my mind off of the subject of real estate.

Some weeks I may work harder than others and that is ok. As long as I am doing something day to day and I am fighting back that lack of motivation. Since I ordered some marketing material last week, did a little reading on short sales and had a nice conversation with Gogo about Joint Ventures, marketing and the lead I received last week I feel I made at least a little progress.

This week I will be working on my marketing plan a little more, ordering some more material and hopefully bringing in some more leads. Of course there is always reading to be done.

Until next time

"The attitude of mind necessarily depends upon what we think . Therefore, the secret of all power, all achievement and all possession depends upon our method of thinking."
-Charles F. Haanel

Anthony

No comments:

Post a Comment