Friday, June 19, 2009

Networking, Networking, Networking

Any wholesaler knows the value of having a great network. This week I made great contacts!

I spoke with 1 agent..so what it was only one, she agreed to work with me. However, I think im going to stop by a dry cleaners today and pick up a bunch of agents cards and hit the calls heavy-like. That way I am creating good options.

I went to an REIA meeting last night and boy were these guys eager to give their cards away. I received 5 cards one of which I KNOW is going to be a solid buyer. Now that I have talked to an agent and gotten one good buyer I know I can do some house hunting and have somewhere to drow the deal. ..and my confidence meter has gone up.

What I really need to focus on right now is my market research, knowing what is a deal is key. The last thing I want to do is damage a good relationship.

I am actually holding off on the bandit signs for now. The reason is I want to use as little of my jobs income as possible. My first strategy that I am going to implement is the driving for dollars. If I dont find a deal that way then I will put up the signs.

Using the driving for dollars method has a couple of really good benifits.

1. It will get me really familiar with my neighborhoods and the market
2. It is cost effective
3. I wont be overwhelmed with leads while im learning my market.

I still need to
1.Pick up a Sunday Paper to help build my buyers list
2. Qualify for hard money to make sure I dont have to back out of deals and I can do a simultanious close if needed.
3.Order some decent business cards
4.Get facebook up to date(some may think at this piont that I am procrastinating on facebook, my laptop is broken and I dont have a computer to get it going. Don't ask me how I post on blogger...just trust that this isn't procrastination)
5. Review contracts and clauses

and the campaign goes on. ..

No comments:

Post a Comment