Monday, June 29, 2009

Quick update

Cus im just super excited about it! I drove for dollars this weekend. I ended up with 3 properties that I want to send letters to, not quite a marketing campaign ...uh err. .. but its something right? That three hour drive really opened my eyes to the different types of subdivisions that are in my area. ..I had no clue some of these homes were here.

The agent that I spoke with last week got back in touch with me today but I think I lost her on my "heres what I need speech"...better luck next time. I still haven't gotten a slew of business cards from my local community boards at restaurants, dry cleaners.. etc. BAH!! I have to get that done this week, no more excuses!

Late last week I sent an e-mail to five other investors that I met at my local REIA asking what title companies they used to close. 2 responded so I plan to give these title companies a call before friday and have a quick discussion on what they are willing to do. I have been concerned about working REO's because I read they required their own title companies to do the closings. Thanks to Steph at flipthiswholesaler.blogspot.com I found out that it is possible to have your attorney/title co. do a courtesy close to make sure things get done the way you need them to. Thanks Steph!

I also added two more buyers to my list in the last couple of days! YAY!

Oh yea the book I have been reading is "The New Path To Real Estate Wealth: Earning Without Owning". At first I thought it would be to basic but it is actually helping me understand a good bit about different contract types and just the wholesaling process in general.

Another update to come on Friday this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment