Friday, June 12, 2009

New opportunities

As I mentioned previously I am keeping my options open. Since George's take is to network and find out what investor's are looking for and building a rapport within his community I found it necessary to expand even further. George's opportunity is more of a marketing business with a dual opportunity for real estate income. It is hard to explain because I do not want to promote the business until I am part of it. I feel that the marketing training that will be given in George's community will strengthen my real estate business. With that said I recently contacted my old mentor, Gogo.

Gogo was willing to work with me to my surprise. He made a couple of suggestions:

-Start with wholesaling, read about it, understand it, breathe it, live it. Wholesaling is the best starting point for new investors. Here is why, you become the middle man supplying value properties to big investors and it can be done with little or none of your own money.

-Understand real estate contracts and assignment clauses

-Build a buyers list and a sellers list and do it quickly

-Become effective in leveraging time, use the medians of marketing that provide the biggest results with the littelest effort.

This leads into my last option for mentor's but its with a twist. I believe that George and Gogo will both provide enormous value but in different area's. They provide different opportunities. With only one conversation Gogo has pointed me in the direction I need to go. I know that he will push me to conquer fear and to accomplish my goals. I know that George will provide a completely seperate but related business that will help strengthen the skills needed to market and it will help build some initial cashflow to get things moving faster.

I have not signed a joint venture with either person and their opportunities are different so their isn't an issue with working with both people at the same time (just a clarification).

This will almost create a Rich Dad Poor Dad scenario but it will be more like, Rich Dad Rich Dad.

ACTION

Lets not forget commenting on action

-Starting this weekend I am going to drive my weekend route

-Next Monday or Tuesday I am going to drive my lunch time route for work

-I have created a Facebook account that will soon be linked to this blog and will allow buyers and sellers to joint my lists

-I will order 100 bandit signs before friday of next week.

Mentor's Tasks(Gogo)
-Build an agent list
-Study Wholesaling in depth, real estate contracts and assignment clauses
-Know my dreams, values and goals and be sure that aquiring these things is done in a way that will not rest ill on my conscience...check, check and check but Im not going to brush it off that easy. I will review these things on a daily basis to ensure that I haven't forgotten.

If im forgetting anything im sure I will figure it out.

Until next time remember...

..If you haven't asked yourself the question and given an honest effort to answer it yourself then you simply aren't ready for the answer.

HubCap

No comments:

Post a Comment