Friday, July 10, 2009

Every week is different

This week I didn't get as much done as I would like to but I did make a little progress.

I finished reading "The New Path to Real Estate Wealth: Earning Without Owning" and I started reading "Essential Guide to Real Estate Contracts, 2nd Addition". I am about 3 chapters in and it seems like it will be a good read which is far from what I was expecting since it is a book on contracts.

I have also been studying the market, I had my real estate agent send me comps of Cape Cods, Ramblers and Colonials that have sold in my target area in the last 6 months. I noticed that there are still a good be of retail sales happening in my area, thats a good sign BUT there are also a good bit of investors working their butts off. That means I am going to have to work extra hard. I am even going to find a way to get in touch with these investors so that we can build a partnership instead of a competition, we'll see how that goes. I also have my agent sending me REO listings once a week.

Other than that I have been reading over some contracts and other study materials that my mentor gave me back when I was being foreclosed on(You can read my first post for details) and getting together my ideas for my marketing campaigns. I am writing down as many marketing ideas as I can and I will start with the cheaper ones since I have more sweat equity than any other currency :( . I do have a $25/mo spending budget that I will use, it ain't much but its something.

I got my driving for dollars done last Saturday I didn't find any leads like I did the previous Saturday because I ended up on the high priced end of town, you know, the little neighborhood way in the back with houses so big it makes you want to vomit... . I decided I am going to focus my efforts on neighborhoods that I know are lower priced. CRAP! That reminds me I didn't get my maps printed so that I know where I am driving...grr! This time I am going to start leaving flyers on the doors, this is when a bit of fear is pulling on my shirt because I don't have the structure that I want in place but the only way to beat my fears is to face them. Im not here to play coward, I did that way too much in the past. Besides if getting leads forces me to get my structure in place faster then that is a win for me.

Wow ...it looks like I actually accomplished more this week than I thought I did. I am pleased to see that I made even the littlest bit of progress. One thing I have noticed is that once I started talking to people and telling them that I am going to be bringing in deals(my agent especially) and bringing in business once I started blogging on this site I am no longer playing games this is my reputation and I have to protect it. That is why I told my agent that I will be making offers starting the end of this month. Now my rep is on the line with her my rep is on the line with anyone who reads this blog, I have to do what I say I am going to do, no choice now.

so like Robert Kiyosaki said in Rich Dad Poor Dad:

"Keep minding my own business"

Now if you don't mind I got some contracts to read ;)

Anthony

No comments:

Post a Comment