Sunday, July 26, 2009

What a week!

I was able to take care of all the tasks on my list for the past week. I am a little late on this post and I got my mailers out 1 day after I had planned but I got everything done. Calling all those lawyers seems to have paid off because I talked to one this past week who seemed very comfortable with what I am trying to do. For me that was the link that was missing. There is nothing standing in my way except having a deal in hand.

So here I am 6 days ahead of schedule ready to start marketing. As said before my plan is to get as many leads as I can without putting up bandit signs and going door to door. The reason for this is leverage of time but mainly because of funding. As of now I have 3 sources that I can market; the first is craigslist and other similar sites, the second is the leads I find during driving for dollars and the third is REO's and expired listings off the MLS.

It is important that while I am marketing I am continuing my education. Throughout the week I have been writing down questions that I feel I need to have answered.

Here is my to-do for this week.

Monday
Post ads on craigslist and other sites
look up owners of D4D leads
call Gogo to discuss an opportunity he lined up for personal access to the MLS
Read Contracts book

Tuesday
Prepare mailers
HUD-1:filling it out
Read Contracts book

Wednesday
Hard money
make copies of property inspection report
send mailers
Read Contracts book

Thursday
Authorization to release form
Research "subject to"(if time is available)
Read Contracts book
Call agent(If not able to line things up with Gogo's broker)

Friday
plan for D4D


Saturday/Sunday
D4D's
Blog about progress and next weeks plans

If I start getting leads in this schedule may be tough to maintain but I will find a way to make it work. What I have been thinking of doing is adding another blogging day to blog about something that doesn't necessarily have to do with my progress. We'll see how that goes.

later gator's!
HubCap

No comments:

Post a Comment