Wednesday, July 29, 2009

What does it take...?

Lately I have seen certain tides turn. Four or five years ago I can tell you that I was a mess. I had no drive and nothing going for me other than Becky, my very supportive wife. One day I woke up and decided it was time to make a change. I noticed that I worked really hard for my boss. I put in extra hours I stood out above the crowd, I moved up two times in 3 years. I starting thinking to myself that if I put in the half the effort for my own business that I do for my job I wouldn't have to have a job anymore. It was this thought process that brought me to where I am today. I questioned myself over and over again until I found what I was looking for. I needed to know why I had failed in the past with starting my business. I have gone into a trance and all I can think about is real estate. It doesn't matter if I am sleeping, eating, working, talking, writing, showering or doing anything I am thinking; real estate. Living and breathing real estate has put me into an unbeatable mentality. I have come to three points now that I know I would have quit at in the past and each time I only pushed myself harder. I have given up any free time I have to invest myself into doing this right. I know that in the end it will be worth it, the best part is I actually enjoy doing what I am doing. I often felt guilty playing video games and watching TV anyways so it is working out for the best. A switch has flipped and there is no turning back or turning off. So even though I haven't closed a deal I know I have already succeeded because I am never going to quit. What did it take for me? Failure.

HubCap

No comments:

Post a Comment